11337 Kinloch ~ Redford, MI 48239
313.799.3712~ email@example.com ~ http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericreasons
SYSTEMS & NETWORK ENGINEER
I’ll use my knowledge and experience to work with and lead a team of dedicated individuals in supporting existing and emerging technologies while always maintaining a hands-on approach to my work. I always strive to be the person that customers and colleagues trust for my knowledge, expertise, dedication, congeniality, and results.
Networks: Cisco (IOS, Nexus), Nortel
Cisco Unified Wireless Networks
Firewalls: Checkpoint, Fortinet, Microsoft ISA
Windows Server 2003/2008
VMWare, ESX 4, vSphere
Microsoft SQL 2000/2005/2008
CA Brightstor Arcserve Backup
Microsoft IIS 6 and 7
- Over 15 years of experience managing IT support staff and supervising budgets and projects of varied sizes.
- Very strong interpersonal skills. Primary point of contact for end-users, vendors, customers, and administrators.
- Installed, supported, and maintained Windows 2000/2003/2008, Active Directory, and UNIX/Linux servers in a 700+ user enterprise.
- Installed, configured, and maintained Cisco and Nortel equipment in an environment consisting of over 50 switches and routers.
- Designed deployment for Cisco Unified Wireless Networking, including: 1130 and 1240 series APs, 1520 series APs with Wireless Outdoor Mesh, Cisco 4400 Wireless LAN Controllers, and Cisco WCS Server.
- Upgraded, maintained, and configured Checkpoint NG-X and Fortigate firewalls, including VPN access.
- Designed and implementation migration plan from Checkpoint NG-X to Fortigate firewall with negligible downtime.
- Implemented multiple point-to-point T1 WAN connections to offsite assets.
- Implemented enterprise cutover between ISPs with minimal downtime. Maintained internet connections to multiple ISPs.
- Facilitated migration of network environment from NT 4.0 to Active Directory and Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 simultaneously.
- Designed and deployed VMWare ESXi 4.0 virtualization platform and vSphere
- Designed and deployed VEEAM backup solution for production virtual environment
- Installed, administered, and maintained the following enterprise applications:
- Microsoft Exchange 5.5/2003, including deployment of Outlook Web Access/RPC over HTTP.
- Administered more than 25 Microsoft SQL 2000/SQL 2005 database servers in a 24x7x365 operating environment.
- Designed, installed, and maintained Computer Associates Brightstor Arcserve Backup system for 30+ server enterprise.
- Maintained internal and external Microsoft IIS 6 and 7 Web Servers.
- Installed, maintained, and audited Microsoft ISA/Proxy server for 500+ user enterprise.
- Responsible for Installation and maintenance of external DNS servers. Planned and executed DNS migration during ISP cutover with minimal downtime.
- Designed, implemented, and audited Group Policy affecting more than 500 computers and users in Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Wrote and deployed login scripts and software deployment scripts with WMI/Windows Script Host for Active Directory environment.
- Familiar with various computer languages and areas of programming:
- Visual C++/MFC programming (including TCP/IP sockets programming)
- MS Visual Basic (Including VB Script, WMI, and Active Directory scripting)
THE HENRY FORD
January 2004 - Present
- Responsible for administering a Microsoft Active Directory enterprise consisting of 40+ servers (physical and virtual), handling 700+ users, multiple VLANS, multiple wireless networks, multiple ISPs, and point-to-point links to WANs.
- Designed and implemented the VMWare virtualization infrastructure and supporting hardware, including the HP Lefthand SAN, and the accompanying VEEAM backup system.
- Designed and implemented wholesale migration of network hardware from Nortel to Cisco.
- Administer, maintain, audit, and design deployments for Microsoft Server 2000/2003/2008, Microsoft Exchange 2003, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005, Group Policy, and Microsoft ISA server.
- Responsible for installation of new fiber and copper infrastructure in highly sensitive and stylized environment.
- Implemented migrations and upgrades for DNS, between ISPs, Exchange (5.5 to 2003), Microsoft SQL Server (2000 to 2005), all with minimal end-user impact in a 24x7x365 operating environment.
Network Administrator – Unicare Health Systems, Verizon Enterprise Solutions Group
March 2001 to January 2004
- Responsibilities included administering Novell and Windows NT 4.0/2000 networks, and managing technical support in a complex multi-platform work environment for Unicare’s nationwide call center.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects across different platforms and locations and coordinating internal and external resources.
- Implemented security policies and profiles in accordance with Unicare’s standard practices and HIPAA regulations. Responsible for documenting and ensuring HIPAA compliance in all IT areas.
- Supported 250+ clients utilizing AS/400 based applications.
- Worked closely with remote locations on integrated database systems (SQL) and WAN administration. Supported remote users connecting via Citrix WinFrame or VPN.
Technical Team Lead – PC Cycle Project, Ford Motor Credit Corporation
November 2000 to March 2001
Responsibilities included overseeing the installation of over 900 computers in under 4 months, and supporting all applications according to Ford’s standards of software deployment.
Provided technical leadership to TEKsystems installation team.
Provided post-installation support for various applications and operating systems to FMCC customers receiving new computers.
Primary point-of-contact for TEKsystems, Dell, and Ford stakeholders and end users
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-DEARBORN
Technical Support Team Lead- CAS&L (Univ. of Michigan – Dearborn)
September 1994 to September 2000
- Responsibilities included overseeing technical support for all users in the College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters.
- Provided planning and staff supervision to all full and part-time staff in CAS&L’s Technical Support department.
- Responsible for the creation, analysis, and implementation of network security policies, profiles, and practices for CAS&L’s network users.
- Responsible for hardware and software installation, repair and maintenance for users and CAS&L operated student labs (Mac & PC).
- Developed specific end-user training seminars for faculty and staff.
- Made all policy recommendations for CAS&L computer laboratories and implementation of new software.
- Responsible for all software and hardware purchases and vendor/supplier coordination for the College of Arts, Sciences and Letters.
B.S. in Computer Information Systems received in Dec 2009,
University of Michigan – Dearborn
References available upon request